Tuesday 30 October 2012

Christmas At The Cupcake Cafe By Jenny Colgan


it was amazing (my current rating) it was amazing (my current rating) it was amazing (my current rating) it was amazing (my current rating) it was amazing (my current rating)

Issy Randall, proud owner of The Cupcake Cafe, is in love and couldn't be happier. Her new business is thriving and she is surrounded by close friends, even if her cupcake colleagues Pearl and Caroline don't seem  quite as upbeat about the upcoming season of snow and merriment. But when her boyfriend Austin is scouted for a possible move to New York, Issy is forced to face up to the prospect of a long-distance romance. And when the Christmas rush at the cafe - with its increased demand for her delectable creations - begins to take its toll, Issy has to decide what she holds most dear.

This December, Issy will have to rely on all her reserves of courage, good nature and cinnamon, to make sure everyone has a merry Christmas, one way or another...
After reading Meet Me At The Cupcake Cafe we follow on in this lovely story with all the main characters in a busy cafe getting ready for Christmas... I really enjoyed this book! I loved all the mix of characters, you easily get to know each one of them and like them very much by the end of the book you feel like you really know the characters in person and feel they could be your best friends. They all individually stand out with their own problems but all get stuck in working at The Cupcake Cafe.
   I got the version on my kindle but however I saw the cover in supermarkets and it is such a colourful and brightly book that sure should attract people to buy!
With this book you don't need to have read Meet Me At The Cupcake Cafe because at the beginning of the book Jenny had wrote a lovely letter to all readers and  explained what happened in the last book so you could easily follow this book.

It was such an amazing read, having it set in two different places was cool, London and New York...what couldn't possible be better for Christmas time? Hehe!
I just couldn't wait to curl up and read this, I enjoyed all the recipes which were definitely making my mouth water so I shall be passing the recipes on to my sister who is wonderful at baking cakes!
 I don't want to mention to much of the story line just I recommend you do purchase this book because you really won't be disappointed, It will have you laughing, crying, smiling, frowning...Probably every emotion going...But you will certainly not want to miss this book!

I've loved all of Jenny Colgan's book so far and I shall continue to read more of her books in years to come. For being the second book of Christmas themed books of this year it has definitely got me in the Christmas spirit especially with only 9 weeks to go hehe!

All people looking for gifts for Christmas....Think your partner,wife,girlfriend,best friend, sister,mum, auntie, cousin likes reading? then i would recommend you purchase this book for them, you will be a star in their eyes for life then..hehe! It is a perfect Christmas read with lots of festiveness to get you in the spirit!
Paperback           Kindle 

No comments:

Post a Comment