Monday 19 November 2012

Winter Wonderland By Belinda Jones




Imagine waking up in a snow globe...
That's how travel journalist Krista feels when she arrives in magical Quebec to report on Canada's glittering Winter Carnival.

Over ten sub-zero days Krista formerly frozen heart begins to melt as she discovers an enchanting world of ice palaces, husky dog-sledding and maple-syrup treats galore. And then she meets Jacques, a man as handsome and rugged as he is mysterious...
The two share a secret that could bond them forever, but can they find a way to break through protective layers around their hearts to warm up this winter wonderland? 


...Let the snow-spangled adventure begin.

it was amazing (my current rating) it was amazing (my current rating) it was amazing (my current rating) it was amazing (my current rating) it was amazing (my current rating)

Straight away I have to say what an absolutely freaking amazing fantastic read! When I got sent a copy I just couldn't wait to snuggle up and read this, Iv loved all of Belinda Jones' books, best book I loved was "Out of the blue", I just loved that the book was set in Greece, However this book just topped it completely!
Another Christmas book out this year, definitely to get you in the festive, okay maybe it doesn't have the chesnuts roasting in the fire and christmas tree decorated and all that but It still gets you in the wintry cold feeling and makes you wanna snuggle up reading this. 

Belinda had obviously put plenty of research in to this book and I wasn't disappointed, the writing just flowed so easily and I was instantly hooked and I even felt I was in the book myself.
 I loved all the characters Krista,Laurie,Giles,Annique,Sebastian,Jacques, i thought they all connected together nicely. I loved the friendship between Krista and Laurie, their friendship reminded me of me and my best friend Kaylie. 
The lovely Krista has a deep secret but when she meets Jacques he also has a deep secret too and when they both grow close they find they both have the same sort of secret and It was sweet when we did find out her secret in the book, it makes you warm up to her a lot more. I loved the ending of the story I alot, I am a hopeless romantic so it was beautiful hehe!
 I also loved the chemistry between Krista and the oh so sexy and wonderful Jacques....Oooohhh swooon! The person who fitted the lovely description of  Jacques was indeed the wonderful Ian somerhalder..he would be my perfect Jacques anyday tehe ;) 


 I loved that Belinda chose Quebec and Montreal for the places in Winter Wonderland, It was certainly a fantastic choice! She made the story have wonderful pointers and facts about the places but make it into such a fantastic read that you wish to book yourself a flight right away! It's definitely a choice to put on my bucket list of places to go hehe! I want to enjoy a nice stay in a ice cold bed and try the wonderful poutine...Yummy!

One of my all time giggles with this book was the husky dog sledding...I will say nothing more hehe! I just really enjoyed this book so much, the chapters flowed so easy and with the mix of characters was still able to follow the story lots. Grab a copy of this book straight away hehe!

Thank you Lyndsey at Hodder & Stoughton for sending me a copy of Winter Wonderland. 

Here a couple of pictures of Montreal,Quebec,Ice bed and Poutine
( Just paint a lovely picturesque scene of the book hehe)



Paperback                  Kindle

1 comment:

  1. Hi :)
    I just want to say, I love your blog!
    I've never heard of this book, but I'm from Montreal, Quebec and it would be so awesome if I read a book in the setting of my hometown! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete