Monday 10 December 2012

A Winter Flame By Milly Johnson


Tis the season to be Jolly... but can Eve find happiness through the frost...? Eve has never liked Christmas, not since her beloved fiance was killed in action in Afghanistan on Christmas Day. So when her adored elderly aunt dies, the last thing she is expecting is to be left a theme park in her will. A theme park with a Christmas theme...

And that's not the only catch. Her aunt's will stipulates that Eve must run the park with a mysterious partner, the exotically named Jacques Glace. Who is this Jacques, and why did Aunt Evelyn name him in her will?

But Eve isn't going to back down from a challenge. She's determined to make a success of Winterworld, no matter what. Can she overcome her dislike of Christmas, and can Jacques melt her frozen heart at last?
didn't like it didn't like it didn't like it didn't like it didn't like it

This was such a fabulous Christmas read, I was giggling at some of the best parts of the book! I am a big fan of Milly Johnson's books, I adored reading White Wedding and I was glad to find out that Violet was appearing again in this new book yay!! So we start with Meeting the Lovely Eve who is awaiting at the solicitors to hear about Aunt Evelyn's will, when Eve finds out her aunt left her a theme park and also some money, but one catch..you have a handsome business partner too Jacques Glace, I just loved the chemistry between Jacques and Eve, I loved the way she misjudges him all the way hehe, You will understand when you read it hehe!

It was great to hear more about Violet who is Eve's cousin and Pav, it was cute to see their relationship develop more and more although I felt like i had bit all of my nails at one point in the book but then was so happpy :)
I also noticed Max and Bella from Milly's last book White Wedding also reappeared which was just fab!

My favourite character in this book would have to be Eve, she was just so brave but also had a frozen heart and hates Christmas because she lost the love of her life Johnathon on Christmas day and Her Fiance's family can't stand her and wouldn't even tell her where he was buried. So she was alone until she received the theme park.
I really did love this book and It was such a great Christmassy feel, I couldn't wait to snuggle up reading this, It was great with plenty of humour but also pulled at my heart strings a couple of times. I want everyone to grab a copy because you will not be disappointed hehe!

Paperback                Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment