Sunday 27 January 2013

The Lying Game By Sara Shepard


Title: The Lying Game
Author: Sara Shepard
Publication Date: 7th December 2010
Publisher: HarperTeen

I had a life anyone would kill for.

Then someone did.

The worst thing about being dead is that there's nothing left to live for. No more kisses. No more secrets. No more gossip. It's enough to kill a girl all over again. But I'm about to get something no else does-an encore performance, thanks to Emma, the long-lost twin sister I never even got to meet. 

Now Emma's desperate to know what happened to me. And the only way to figure it out is to be me-to slip into my old life and piece it all together. But can she laugh at inside jokes with my best friends? Convince my boyfriend she's the girl he fell in love with? Pretend she is a happy, carefree daughter when she hugs my parents good night? And can she keep the charade, even after she realizes my murderer is watching her every move?

Let the lying game begin.

didn't like it didn't like it didn't like it didn't like it

I first read the pretty little liars series books by Sara and I loved them which soon became a TV series. Now I loved the lying game TV series,I thought it was brilliant so when found that there was books on the series I couldn't wait to read.

Now I do want to say if you read these books and seen the TV series then you may end up hating these books. I struggled with the first couple of chapters but I thought no I am going to plod on and carry on and I'm glad I did. I enjoyed it so much.

Now we meet Emma Paxton who's a foster child living in las Vegas with her foster family and a creepy step brother Travis, Emma then finds out she has a twin sister Sutton Mercer who has a perfect family and a perfect happy life until someone kills her and a video goes viral in which Emma is shown the video and then sends a message to her twin sister in which gets a reply saying to meet up..so Emma does a runner and meets up..however there was no Sutton mercer...Emma then falls into her twin Sutton's life to find out what actually happened and who killed her twin?....

This book was such a gripping read and even creepy at times but I'm glad I carried n reading because by the end I couldn't wait to start the next book because didn't want the story to end. I loved Emma Paxton's character not just because she is a foster child but because she was a down to earth girl who had nothing but her Twin was given everything made me feel sorry for her in a way.

I do recommend you all read the books before watching the TV series as the TV program story line is slightly different to the books but still as good.
Even though this book is called The Lying Game, the books you have more details about the lying game and what dangerous pranks the girls did however in the TV series its never really mentioned.

This book will have you gripping to your chair and wanting to help Emma. Go Grab your copy now!

PaperBack                 Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment