Friday 19 April 2013

The Wish List By Jane Costello

Title: The Wish List
Author: Jane Costello
Publisher: Simon And Schuster
Publication Date: 11th April 2013

There are six months left of Emma Reiss's twenties. . .and she has some unfinished business.

Emma and her friends are about to turn thirty , and for Emma it's a defining moment. Defined, that is, by her having achieved none of the things she'd imagined she would.
Her career is all wrong, her love life is a desert and that penthouse apartment she pictured herself in simply never materialised. Moreover, she's never jumped out of a plane, hasn't met the man she's going to marry, has never slept under the stars, or snogged anyone famous -- Just some of the aspirations on a list she and her friends compiled fifteen years ago.

As an endless round of birthday parties sees Emma hurtle towards her own thirtieth, she sets about addressing these issues. But, as she discovers with hilarious consequences, some of them are trickier to tick off than she'd thought. . .


 
didn't like it didn't like it didn't like it didn't like it didn't like it

Firstly I want to thank Alice Murphy at Simon and Schuster for my advance paperback copy. I was so excited to hear that Jane would be bringing a new book out this year and I couldn't wait to read. First time i read one of Jane's books was last year and ever since then I've read more of her books and love them, So I knew I was just going to adore this book ever so much.

So we meet Lovely 29 Emma Reiss, 6 months till her dreaded 30th Birthday and is even scared to turn 30, what could be all the fuss about?
Emma and her group of friends are all about to turn 30, as we follow them all embarking the 30's in style, Emma remembers that they all wrote a list when they were younger of things to do before turn 30.. will they complete the list together before they all turn 30? . . .

This book was just brilliant, Jane certainly knows how to keep the reader engrossed and giggling with every chapter. The story just flows so easy and you find yourself quickly flying through chapters because your enjoying it so much. I did feel the title of the book was originally The Big 3 Oh but I am glad it was changed to the The Wish List, It makes it feel a bit more intriguing as to what could be on the list.

My Favourite character would have to be Emma, a lovely plain Jane girl who is stuck in her dead end job and wants to do her dream and I just loved how she took the risk through The List and did it. She was a bit of clumsy girl but you just had to laugh at the things, especially the camping....Tehe! I Loved some of the things Emma got up to through doing her list, definitely had me giggling with her, it also reminded me of how me and my friends act around each other and all do silly things at times. Was so happy for her right at the end..tehe!
I did love the other characters too, Emma's friends Asha & Cally, did kinda feel sorry for Asha but I suppose she put herself in that situation so she needed to get herself out of it when she was ready.
Cally made me giggle alot of the time,even though she was a single mum she still knew how to have a good time with her friends.

The Men in the book, well Hello Gorgeous Matt I would love to meet him even if he does have 3 boys ;) haha! whereas Rob? Nah Im okay thank you and was so glad Emma got rid. He seemed so boring and too interested in himself than having a girl.

A Great book once again by Jane Costello and I Cannot wait for the next one! Hurry along..Hehe!
You truly are an amazing author Jane.

No comments:

Post a Comment