Friday 12 July 2013

Book Review: About A Girl by Lindsey Kelk

Title: About a Girl
Author: Lindsey Kelk
Publisher: HarperCollins
Publication Date: 4th July 2013

I’d lost my job. I’d lost the love of my life. My mum wasn’t talking to me. My best friend was especially pissed off. And my flatmate probably had a hit out on me by now. I never meant for things to get so out of hand…

Tess Brookes has always been a Girl with a Plan. But when her carefully constructed Plan goes belly up, she’s forced to reconsider.
After accidently answering her flatmate Vanessa’s phone, she decides that since being Tess isn’t going so well, why shouldn’t she try out being Vanessa? With nothing left to lose, she accepts Vanessa’s photography assignment to Hawaii – she used to be an amateur snapper, how hard can it be? Right?
But Tess is soon in big trouble – she isn’t a photographer, she isn’t Vanessa, and the gorgeous journalist on the shoot with her, who is making it very clear he’d like to get into her pants, is an egotistical monster.
Far from home and in someone else’s shoes, Tess must decide whether to fight on through, or ‘fess up and run…



didn't like it didn't like it didn't like it didn't like it didn't like it


I am such a huge fan of Lindsey Kelk's books, She is a truly fab author. About a Girl is a new book series with a totally new character called Tess Brookes, she's not having a great life when you start the book, she's lost her job, lost the love of her life, her mum and best friend aren't especially speaking to her, what can she do? She answers her flatmate Vanessa's phone one morning and is soon pretending to be Vanessa being in her shoes as a professional photographer...can her plan succeed? Time will tell...


First of this book will stand out on any book shelve in supermarkets, It is so girly and so brightly coloured, you just cannot resist picking it up to read the blurb and then buying hehe!! An amazing summer read 2013 for sure! Lindsey certainly knows how to come back on book shelves again!!

This book was superb, I loved reading every minute of it, I was chuckling along reading about Tess and her screwed up life, she is your typical plain Jane kinda Girl which I loved reading about because you can easily warm to her and even by the end of the book you feel like she is your best friend and you've been travelling the journey with her.

Hawaii sounded so perfect to go on holiday, I wish I could jump on a plane and head there right now! Lindsey picked a perfect location for her book and I cannot wait to see what other locations she chooses next for her series.
I cannot wait to follow on more in this series, I am sure its going to be a big hit and there will be plenty more laughter and shenanigans again!
  I urge you all to go grab About a Girl right now! Its one not to be missed this summer I promise!!

Paperback              Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment