Tuesday 16 July 2013

Book Review: Vivien's Heavenly Ice Cream Shop by Abby Clements

Title: Vivien's Heavenly Ice Cream Shop
Author: Abby Clements
Publisher: Quercus
Publication Date: 6th June 2013

When Imogen and Anna unexpectedly inherit their grandmother Vivien's ice cream parlour, it turns both their lives upside down. The Brighton shop is a seafront institution, but though it's big on retro charm it's critically low on customers. If the sisters don't turn things around quickly, their grandmother's legacy will disappear forever.


With summer fast approaching, Imogen and Anna devise a plan. Rather than sell up, they will train up, and make the parlour the newest destination on the South Coast foodie map.

While Imogen watches the shop and conjures new marketing ideas, her sister flies to Italy to attend a gourmet ice cream-making course. But can their best-laid plans survive their warring family, tempestuous love lives - and the great British Weather? One thing is for certain - this summer will be like no other . . .


didn't like it didn't like it didn't like it didn't like it didn't like it


Abby Clements is a truly tremendous author and I loved her first book Meet me under the Mistletoe so I knew she could easily top it with something more excellent!
Who would not want to love this book? Ice Cream? Italy? Hot Men? a True chick-lit book for sure! The cover can easily attract anyone's eyes when it's on a shelf, It's very girly, Pink and Pictures of Ice cream..Yum Yum.

So we meet Imogen & Anna sister's who inherit their grandmother's Vivien's ice cream parlour which shakes both of their lives completely. They have to pull together as a team to make Vivien's ice cream parlour back to life but with their own twist...can they do it?

This book is truly amazing, I finished it while on my 7 hour journey home from my holiday, it is superb and very fast pacing and always plenty going on in each chapter. I truly loved reading about the sisters, I have to say I feel like I could relate myself to Imogen more than Anna, Imogen came across as the care free girl who loves travelling and doesn't like to be in the same place for long. Anna comes across as the caring sister who takes things to heart and quite a family woman.

I loved all the characters in the book, especially the hottie surfer Finn ;), Abby You did good girl!! I loved being able to follow the sister's work as they refurbish the ice cream parlour back to it's glorious bright days and get the customers back in.
I don't want to give too much away about the story because I feel you should cherish the story yourself..Just a warning..You may be craving a yummy ice cream by the end.
A must read that you will need on your holidays this year!

Bargain Prices at the moment, £1.95 for Paperback && £1.85 for Kindle
Grab away Ladies!!

Paperback               Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment