Sunday 23 March 2014

Showcase Sunday #1


Showcase Sunday is hosted by Vickie at Books Biscuits and Tea. The aim of this event is to highlight our newest books or book related swag and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed from libraries, bought in bookshops and downloaded onto eReaders each week. For more information about how this feature works and how to join in, click here.

~                           ~                              ~

Hellloo to my lovely blogger friends, readers & authors, Happy Sunday to you all!
Hope you have read some great books this week or have bought some fab books that you cannot wait to share.
This is my first Sunday showcasing and I am excited to show you all my books that I have been kindly sent. My week has been very hectic with work and trying to fit in book reviews too! I've had a nasty cold all week which thankfully is coming to the end now hehe. I have had some wonderful upcoming books sent to me this week..my postie has been very busy hehe!


W/c 10th March I was sent all this beautiful books!
I have recently joined up to BookBridgr which has been set up by Ben Willis @ Headline, making it so bloggers can just request books online rather than emailing publishers all the time. which I think is a fab idea!
I was also sent couple of books from Penguin & Simon&Schuster

From Headline:
- Spree by Michael Morley (For Review)/ Amazon
- A Heart Bent Out of Shape by Emylia Hall (For Review)/ Amazon
- Burn by Julianna Baggott (For Review)/ Amazon
- Perfect Wives by Emma Hannigan (For Review)/ Amazon
- The Summer Guest by Emma Hannigan (For Review)/ Amazon
- The Long Shadow by Mark Mills (For Review/ Amazon

From Penguin:
- Beautiful Day by Kate Anthony (For Review)/ Amazon

From Simon & Schuster UK
- The Time of Our Lives by Jane Costello (For Review)/ Amazon


This Week I was sent even more amazing books:
From Headline:
- If I Could Turn Back Time by Nicola Doherty (For Review)/ Amazon
- Four Years Later by Monica Murphy (For Review)/ Amazon
- Precious Thing by Colette McBeth (For Review)/ Amazon
- The Dead Ground by Claire McGowan (For Review)/ Amazon

From Sphere:
- A Place to Call Home by Carole Matthews/ Amazon




 I treated myself to some books and I loved The Fault In Our Stars by John Green so wanted to read more by him :-)

- Paper Towns by John Green
- Looking For Alaska by John Green
- An Abundance of Katherines by John Green




I sometimes visit my local library to try different books out before buying them.
I chose quite a few different ones which I either loved the blurb, had seen recommendations from fellow bloggers or the cover just grabbed me.
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer
- Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
- Slammed by Colleen Hoover
- Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover
- Red Hill by Jamie McGuire
- Release Me by J.Kenner
- Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet by Darynda Jones
- Fifth Grave Past The Light by Darynda Jones
- Everything for Us by M.Leighton
- Wild About You by Kerrelyn Sparks


I am excited to read all of these books and cannot wait for you to see my reviews! may take me a few weeks with the piles I have got hehe!~

What books have you bought or downloaded recently? Borrowed from Library? Have plenty on your wish list?
Let me know in comments below!

Hope you have a happy and bright Sunday!
xox

2 comments:

  1. *waves* Enjoy Showcase Sunday!

    You received some AMAZING books, some of which I got too. I loved a Heart Bent Out of Shape and Beautiful Day and I cannot wait to read A Place to Call Home. Hope you enjoy all your lovely new reads :)

    My Showcase Sunday: http://www.pagetostagereviews.com/2014/03/sunday-post-25.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cinder and Slammed are a few of my favourite series. I hope you love them too!
    You definitely got a bunch of fantastic books to keep you busy. Hope you enjoy them all!
    Happy reading!

    http://thisisthestoryofmyreadinglife.blogspot.ca/2014/03/showcase-sunday-28.html

    ReplyDelete