Wednesday 24 December 2014

Festive Guest Post: Xmas Q&A with .....Blogger Stephanie Carr


I'm Steph., 22, from England. Recent English Literature graduate and lover of books, makeup, swimming, live music & comedy, and tea. Currently work in admin and recently undertook a couple of weeks work experience at Penguin books, now pursuing a career in publishing.  Try to blog as often as I can!  
Blog:  ivoryandgold


"When do you normally get in the festive spirit?"
Now! It's normally around the end of November that I start feeling festive and thinking about how I could decorate my room, and what presents I need to buy. It's also the time I start playing Christmas songs all the time!


"What is a family tradition you like to have or do at Christmas?"
We don't really have any traditions; we all just spend time together and eat and watch TV and give presents. Nothing specific.


"Favourite past Christmas?"
I can't think of a specific year, but any year when both sets of my grandparents were here and all of us spent the day together.


"Do you love buying/wrapping gifts and seeing everyone's faces on Christmas day?"
YES! Choosing/buying/wrapping/giving presents is one of my favourite things about Christmas.  


"Favourite Christmas book?"
I don't really have any favourite books that are about Christmas, but books I always tend to re-read around the festive season are Harry Potter (the descriptions of the Christmas feast & decorations etc are just beautiful, and Harry Potter is such a nostalgic thing to read). This year I'll probably also re-read The Perks of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky, and Jack Kerouac's On The Road because they're old favourites that I haven't read in a long time.


"What is it like on Christmas day for you and your family?"
We just have a really chilled out, lazy day.  Listen to Christmas music, watch Christmas films, eat, etc. Sometimes we all go to the pub at some point which is nice too. This year I think we're spending Christmas afternoon with friends.


"When do you normally put your Christmas tree up?"
If it were up to me I'd have it up on 1st December, but usually it's a couple of weeks before Christmas when we finally get it out and decorate it.


"Favourite Christmas movie?"
ELF! As well as Home Alone, and Uncle Buck. (Is Uncle Buck even a Christmas film? I'm not sure, but it's always on TV at Christmas).

No comments:

Post a Comment